April 3, 2008

Goin' to California

I have arrived in California. Take a look at my life. I have been at NAWA doing the whole internship thing for about a week now. I have headed full speed into the slow life of the country. I miss everybody in Bend but I am also enjoying the new life ahead of me in California and beyond. I feel like a bird who has been let out of his cage. I am free to wonder, read what I want to read, and move at the pace I wish to move at. The internship thus far has been super lax and I can pretty much make up the schedule I want. It is refreshing to live in a place where there are no cell phones, not a lot of traffic, and people enjoy living their simple lives. I got some pretty funny looks the first drive I took through the Gulch. Hippy boy in VW Bus cruising through a town where most people have big jacked up trucks with guns in the back. However I am finding everyone waves at me and has a grin from ear to ear most days.


This is the place I have been staying on BLM land about 7 miles from the school.




The first week I went through the Spring Training which was a really intense five and a half days. We had a couple 12 hour days that were packed to the fullest. I am glad it is over but I learned an imense amount.


Here is the little town of French Gulch which I now reside in. It is just a little valley (Gulch) where about two hundred people live.
My life has changed for the slower. Having just come out of school and skiing to the max I am enjoying cooking large breakfasts for myself, doing yoga by the creek, drinking tea till 11 o clock in the morning and exploring the area on foot and on bike.


Thanks Brent and Steve for doing our little adventure on the way down. It was just what I needed for a transitition into a new phase. I have been thinking about you guys when I find myself in types of moments that are best described by the photo below. Beer, burrito, and guitar.

Much love to my friends and family around the world. You are what makes my world go round. I love you all dearly.

6 comments:

Lindsey Franger said...

You live in a bus down by the river? hahahahhahaha!

There are many things which change once you get out of school and lots of time to read is quite possibly the best of the changes. I'm almost done with Eat Pray Love. After that, you want to read a book together?

-----The Goodness Collective---- said...

hey frangs,

beegs, brent, and pescado here. chillin on the couch, just polished off six fatty breky burritos, and our thoughts shifted to our missing link.

so now we're scopin' the deets on your blog, and we like your style. things are still rockin here at the house. kristen ads a nice warmth to the wam (thanks).

keep it scrappy,

the brethren

Ethan said...

Hola Franger,
Seems your life ain't too shabby. It was painful for me to see the picture of the beer though. After a couple months without drinking, the Kingfisher lager they sell all over India was hardly satisfying... and there isn't any Jameson whisky so what is a guy to do? Looking at the picture of your beer and burrito I was really eating and drinking in my mind. You have my envy sir!
Continue as you are my friend, be well.
Ethan

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

So, we went to your site to see when you were comin to cali, and you're already here!? When you comin to humboldt? We got hippy buses with gunracks. Good schoolin and come see us. mark

blaine said...

burrito n beer. mmmm.

Ashley Diane said...

Collie, looks like you've got a pretty sweet spot. And it reads like you have just about all the necessities, and if you have burritos then you just might have more.
I finally got a new crib board but no one else seems to be as dedicated to pegging, sure everyone likes to mount it every once in a while but your skills are missed as you are a worthy adversary and trusted friend. Gotta run, see ya on the flip side!
Much love, Ashley
P.S. I'm about to swipe Kelley/Ethan's pad!