April 21, 2008

Mountains, faces, and Forest(s).

Dear friends, I am being held captive in a place where I am forced to ski, take naps, hike through the forest, fish in creeks, and enjoy beautiful views. Please send for help as soon as possible.


I have been spending a good amount of my time with a new family call the Kielich family. Michael is the humanities teacher at NAWA, his wife Lisa gave birth to their son Forest a year and a half ago. They have been a major blessing to have added to my life. I spend many dinners, and many days with them. Forest is one the happiest guys around. The above photo is Forest and Lisa "fishing" at a nearby waterfall. They are a wonderfully kind family whom I have grown to love. Don't worry I am in good hands Mom and Dad.

In other news, Kristin is visiting. We got kicked out of our beautiful spot by the creek in French Gulch. I am in the process of finding another spot; hopefully where I am awake to the orchestra of gravity and water combining.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Colin...your photos and thoughts fill in for you as best they can; memory fills in most of the rest.

Transition at the house yet again! My van has taken your van's spot, but so far holds no residents. People are leaving, people are moving in, and the weather is ping-ponging...it's sunny and raining as I look out of the tea house window.

I hope that you find water falling and a flat spot to blend in in. Give Kristen my second-warmest regards. Give yourself my warmest. I hope you remain well and happy and that we always stay friends wherever we wander.

Take care--

--Trav--

Lindsey Franger said...

i like the second picture, chop face.

say hello to kristin for me and some fish in the stream as well.

Ethan said...

colin:
"the orchestra of water and gravity combining"
you are a poet my friend! that was beautiful, and good luck finding a spot. the best sleeps i have ever known have been next to mountain streams, but in india, you know you're neer a river when you start smelling shit. sad but true.
be well my friend,
Ethan